Category Archives: Uncategorized
So, Lois is here and pestering me to make a blog post and so I shall!
So NaNoWriMo was a fail, I got like a day in then gave up, I just don’t have the dedication or time to keep it up, life has been busy as of late.
I also had physics coursework the last two weeks, that was a terrible failure so much so that I am now having to do another experiment in my own time but by the looks of it this one might actually yield some results!
So because of this and work and the imminent UCAS application that strikes fear into my very core, I can’t help but have come a little stressed.
So this blog post is going to be a useful one for once and give you some advice on how to cope with stress!
- Do some physical activity- Go for a run or go to some form of martial arts you do or just something to get rid of excess energy. Fighting tends to be better as it also helps relieve anger but I hardly suggest you go and search around for pub crawls… if need be I even suggest violent video games, especially online ones, there is nothing more relieving than pwning te noobs. But do what you want, haters gunna hate.
- Meditate- I don’t mean like sit there and go uuummmmm, ummmmmm. I mean sit down without distractions and just think about the things causing you stress and how to reduce or get rid of them. Often I find that just doing this can help problems not seem so bad, and even get rid of some.
- If the problem is time/workload- Reduce your workload/increase your time. Look at things you are doing and any not important things stop doing, even if just for a while. But don’t stop the fun things, your time to wind down. This is why I didn’t do NaNoWriMo, I had way too much stuff on, and that was something I could easily give up to free up time and stress.
- Take a bath- You know, relaxing bubble bath, hot steamy room. Then do pushups and punch babies in faces, manly stuff to balance it out.
- Speak to someone- I don’t mean go out and hire a psychiatrist, but just share your problems with someone maybe they can see a solution you can’t, and often just the act of sharing will help your problems seem no where near as bad.
So those are the ways I tend to deal with stuff, I hope you enjoyed, and I should hopefully be recording tonight.
Today, September 1st 2011 marks the end of the meteorological end of summer, and for me, it has been the best summer of my life so far.
Every summer I finish it wishing I had done more, wondering where the time had gone and looking back over it and realising I had wasted my time doing pointless things, worrying over pointless things and so on.
This summer was different.
I worked it out the other day, I had 10 free days in England this summer. Out of the 37, only 10. And of those 10 I spent 3 with friends/family and probably 2 doing school work. The rest were spent doing a multitude of things.
I spent 2 weeks on holiday in a villa in Florida. This was by no means my best holiday, that title is held by the time where we toured America in a car and spent a few nights in different states, but it was one of the best. Whilst spending 2 weeks sitting by the pool, mostly eating in using the BBQ and shopping for lots of clothes may not seem to many a very important holiday, it was to me. This was the last holiday, for a long time at least, that I will spend with my parents. With me (hopefully) going to uni next year they won’t be able to afford to go on big holidays like that anymore, let alone with me. So those two weeks really meant a lot to me and I made the most of them.
I spent other time at my job, doing homework (not waiting until the last minute like sometimes), and some like I said with friends or family which was nice to do after not seeing them for a while.
But the reason this summer didn’t end with me feeling unfulfilled was that for 2 weeks I did volunteer work at the local children’s summer club. I spent two weeks working with some of the nicest and funniest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, I spent two weeks getting actual enjoyment out of a job, I spent two weeks doing something that made me want to get up every day, something that I wish I could keep doing. It was only a small club, a max of 30 children and only about 6 staff, so you really got to know everyone and it was less like a workplace, more like a family, and I feel like I am part of that family.
It hasn’t changed my idea on what I want to be in life, and it hasn’t made me think I can take things easy. But it has made me realise that you can always find happiness somewhere around you. It’s made me remember how good it feels to make other people smile and how work can actually be fun. If my school was closer to there I would easily do that everyday after school as a job, but sadly it isn’t.
This summer has easily been the best, most productive, most positive and most motivating summer of my life. But, just because summer is over, doesn’t mean I have to stop there.
I had decided before this work that when I got back to school in September I would start trying to further my goals, and that’s what I still plan to do. I’ve changed some of them to make them more realistic, I don’t want to work as many hours as I had planned but that is fine, I don’t think that I’ve ever be successful at music but that is fine, but the rest I still plan to do. And who knows, maybe one day I will be living in a big city somewhere else in the world.
But for now, I’ve got other goals to achieve, I’ve got other things to look forward to, but that can’t stop me looking back for a smile every now and then.
Actually, to be completely honest, this isn’t that weird to me, I have spent well over two years of my life having a blog and whilst lately I have let it lapse over the past few months, it used to be a very important part of my life.
Recently I have wanted to broaden my horizons, I’ve reached into vlogging and have wanted to move my blog to a bigger audience and easier to access place, so I moved it here.
I’m not sure if I want to keep it the way it was, randomly blabbering about my life, the problems, the highs etc, or if I want to do something specific with it…
For now I guess I shall ramble on for a while, let you get to know me before I come up with some ingenious idea that will be amazing and popular and make me famous, or end miserably, one of those two options.
I’ve attached my first vlog which was basically an introduction to me, check it out if you want and until next time, keep reading those pressed words.